OTG Delegation Program
For over a decade, On the Ground has been leading origin trip Delegations to remote coffee farming communities. From the rolling highlands of Chiapas, Mexico to the turbulent shores of Lake Kivu deep in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, we have connected countless producers with specialty coffee industry professionals, small business owners, students and social justice advocates.
We’re always looking for people to become Delegates for future OTG Delegations. People willing to help us strengthen ties between the coffee farming communities and developing regions where we have already planted roots and the international specialty coffee industry. We’re searching for like-minded, adventurous individuals with a desire to travel and a willingness to meet new people, all with the same goal: connect, share, and grow!
Join Our Colombia Delegation this September
Lush doesn’t begin to describe the Colombian Coffee Region landscape, where rolling hills, valleys, mountains and volcanoes dominate. The foothills of the Central Cordillera provide the optimum altitude for the Arabica coffee bean plant – between 1,400 and 1,800 meters (4,650 to 5,940 feet) above sea level.
In the folds and ripples of the landscape you’ll find typical Colombian Coffee Region farmhouses colorfully painted with terracotta roof tiles and wide verandas in an ocean of green vegetation.
We’re inviting anyone--from baristas to business owners--with a passion for coffee, culture, and community to join us in Colombia this September.
Here Are Just A Few Delegation Highlights:
- Land in the bustling metropolis of Cali. Located in Colombia’s Western Mountain Range, this tropical savanna city is the perfect place to acclimate and explore.
- Meet with representatives from Governor’s office of Cauca to learn about social justice initiatives impacting campesinos/coffee producers.
- Meet and stay with the coffee farming communities of Fondo Paez and CoSurCa.
- Learn about Nasa, Arhauco and other indigenous cultures and farming practices.
Two Great Delegation Options
Dates: September 3-7, 2018
- Travel to cities across the Cauca region, including Cali, Popayan, and Timbio.
- Stay with farming families from the Fondo Paez Coffee Coop.
- Meet with members of the CoSurCa Coop.
Dates: September 3-10, 2018
- This extended Delegation includes all the above Cali activities.
- Fly north to Valledupar, Cesar, to learn about indigenous Arhauco culture, and history.
- Meet with Anei farming families.
If that sounds like something you’re interested in, or if you’d like to learn more about this new program, please fill out the short Google Form below. Or reach out to us at Delegations@onthegroundglobal.org
We'll see you at Origin!